Business experts agree it’s easier to sell to an existing customer, than try to gain a new one. The costs involved in gaining a new customer are considerable, not to mention the time and effort involved.
That’s where successful corporate events come into play. They create deep customer engagement and loyalty, leading to ongoing business success.
The most successful corporate events should have a certain wow-factor, as well as reflecting the culture and values of your business. They provide a unique opportunity to spend time with your clients outside of the usual work environment and build a stronger social connection.
There are numerous aspects to consider when creating an event, and as specialists we talk with our customers to ensure we are delivering the perfect event.
Here’s our ten tips for an outstanding corporate event.
1) Venue suitability and availability – does it have the right ambience, layout and design?
2) Is the proposed event price an all-inclusive option with no extra costs at the last minute?
3) Will the venue tailor the menu, drinks and cocktails as well as look after dietary requirements with zero fuss?
4) Will the drinks package include quality non-alcoholic drinks?
5) Is AV available or does it need to be hired for the event?
6) Is there a person onsite who is tech savvy and ready to connect all presentations and laptops?
7) Do you need MC or event host? It’s essential they are fully briefed before the event and met at the venue on the day.
8) Will your event planner be on-site to oversee all aspects of the event?
9) Are there thank-you gifts for the guests to be organised and distributed at the conclusion of the event?
10) Can the event specialist provide that “WOW” element that will impress your guests to want to come to every event you host?
This is just the start of any event to-do list, but get these aspects right and you will be set for genuine customer engagement and ongoing business success.
If you would like any further advice or guidance on success in corporate events please contact me directly.
Allan Campion – founder of Melbourne Food Experiences.